Would you like to spend a fun and healthy day with your family? Do you want to enjoy nature and its benefits? So our Rural Housing Casa Sofía is the perfect place for adventurers and those people who want to disconnect from day to day hiking with the family, while still enjoying the best stay with all the comforts you could wish for.
Hiking is a way of exercising outdoors, walking on trails or routes through the countryside or mountains. It is an activity suitable for all ages and levels of physical fitness, provided that an appropriate route is chosen for the characteristics and needs of each one. In addition, it is a very economical activity, since you only need comfortable shoes, appropriate clothing, a backpack with water and food and a desire to have a good time.
Direct contact with nature will surely make you feel much calmer and more sociable, and being surrounded by such beautiful landscapes while we go hiking with the family through Ubrique, gives us the opportunity to disconnect from urbanism, the stress of work , and the sound of the city, offering that peace to connect with the natural, and here being surrounded by the immense nature, you have that possibility.
Walking through trails, forests, beech forests, mountains, in order to discover new animals, plants, places and even oneself, could not be better than staying just a few minutes from all this wonder.
In this post I am going to tell you about some of the advantages and possible routes for hiking in Ubrique, while you stay at our Casa Sofía Rural Housing. I am also going to give you some tips to make your experience unforgettable.
What are the advantages of hiking?
– Allows you to enjoy the outdoors: enjoying the outdoors is very beneficial for physical and mental health. Breathing fresh air, sunbathing in moderation and protection, being in contact with nature and its sounds, are factors that improve mood, reduce stress, increase self-esteem and creativity. In addition, the outdoors favors the production of vitamin D, which is essential for bone health and the immune system.
– Avoid obesity: Hiking is a form of aerobic exercise, which helps burn calories, maintain a healthy weight and prevent obesity. Obesity is a public health problem that affects both adults and children, and increases the risk of diseases such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease. Going hiking as a family is a way of instilling healthy lifestyle habits in children and avoiding a sedentary lifestyle.
– Strengthens health: Hiking strengthens the cardiovascular system, lowers blood pressure, improves blood circulation, strengthens muscles, bones and joints, increases physical resistance, improves lung capacity and balance. It also helps prevent or improve diseases such as high cholesterol, hypertension or osteoporosis.
– Improves the relationship between parents and children: Family hiking is an opportunity to share quality time with loved ones, to communicate, to have fun, to learn together, to cooperate and to solve problems. It is a way to strengthen emotional ties, to improve trust and mutual respect, to promote family values and to create unforgettable memories.
– A healthy habit is created: If all the advantages exposed so far are important, the fact that hiking with the family is a way of creating a healthy habit for everyone is no less important. This will be essential for adults, but above all for children. This is how they are taught to value sport as a way to take care of their body and mind, to enjoy the environment and to respect it.
The best hiking trails in Ubrique.
the roman road
This hiking route in Ubrique of approximately 6.6 km round trip, is surrounded by a lot of history, being a route almost 20 centuries old that linked various populations, as well as being part of a main road between Algeciras and Córdoba. It will allow you to learn about history while you enjoy the beautiful landscapes rich in vegetation surrounded by a whitish limestone rock that will make the perfect contrast for your photos.
Millán Gorge Trail
This route is carried out along a path parallel to the bed of the Millán Gorge, formed by the contribution of water that comes from the Peñón de Mecino stream. During this path you can enjoy the fabulous setting of the Millán Gorge, formed by a very unique riverside vegetation, typical of subtropical climates.
Cairn of the Viper
The ascending route crosses the Moroccan Gorge and the Barred Gorge. It ends at the Venta Mojón de la Víbora, from where you can see “Las Barbas del Levante”, a natural phenomenon due to the humid and fresh influence of the west winds and the dry and warm influence of the easterly winds, which when colliding with a series of ridges, they cause a thick fog.
What tips should be followed for hiking?
– Plan the departure in advance: It is not about going out into the field and starting to walk to see how far we get. It is necessary that we take into account who we are going to participate in the outing (especially if we have the elderly or children in the group) and that we choose a suitable route for everyone. It does not need to be too hard or too long, since the objective of this type of outing is, more than anything, to enjoy the moment.
– Prepare the necessary equipment. Bring comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for the weather, a backpack with water, food, sunscreen, a cap, sunglasses, a first-aid kit, and a map. Do not forget a camera or a binocular to observe the fauna and flora.
– Respect the environment. Do not leave garbage or make fire in the field. Do not pick plants or disturb animals. Follow the rules of the park or nature reserve where you go hiking. Remember that you are a guest in their habitat.
– Enjoy the moment. Don’t be obsessed with time or distance. Adapt the pace to that of the children and make frequent stops to rest, hydrate and eat something. Take the opportunity to teach them things about nature, tell them stories or play with them. The important thing is that they have a good time and take a nice memory.
As you can see there are great advantages of hiking, and in this way clear your mind and renew your energy. So in short, if what you are looking for is the combination of a quiet place with all the comforts that a cozy home can provide and enjoy the outdoors and activities such as family hiking in Ubrique, you are in the right place because at Casa Sofía we will be waiting for you to give you the best care with the best accommodation for your vacation.